- Flexible OLEDs on stainless steel foil
- Flexible OLED devices on EXPEEK® film with high-temperature torelance
- Laminating encapsulation for flexible devices
Laminating encapsulation for flexible devices
Technological developmental results：Laminating encapsulation for flexible devices
(In cooperation with: Ajinomoto Co., Inc. / Ajinomoto Fine-Techno Co., Inc.)
We develop flexible OLED devices, using the AFTINNOVATM EF laminating encapsulating film developed by Ajinomoto Co., Inc./Ajinomoto Fine-Techno Co., Inc.
- AFTINNOVATM EF substrate, preventing water penetration from the side of the OLED device
- Simple device architecture and simple fabrication process
- Reduction of defect occurrence via the stress release effect of AFTINNOVATM EF
（AFTINNOVATM is a registered trademark of Ajinomoto Co., Inc. ）
- High gas barrier property:
– No actual damage after a storage test of 8,000 hours under 60ºC/90%RH
– WVTR (Water Vapor Transmission Rate): Order of 6‒10 g/m²/day (60ºC/90%RH)
- Flexible OLED devices
Ajinomoto Co., Inc./Ajinomoto Fine-Techno Co., Inc.
- NEDO: Strategic technological innovation program for energy conservation: “Development of high-efficiency OLED materials” (In collaboration with: CEREBA) (Aug. 2017 to Mar. 2018)
- MEXT: Construction Program of Open Innovation Organization (FY2018 to FY2022)
- M. Koden, 7thGermany-Japan Joint Workshop “Flexible, Printed Electronics and Sensors” (2019)
- Yamagata University, “JFlex 2019” exhibition (Tokyo, Jan. 2019).